Building 38 & Building 50
The design developed the refurbishment and extension of a locally listed 1940’s office building to create a multifunctional space that would house a restaurant, technology centre, and open plan office area for 100 staff.
The team worked in close co-operation with the local planning and conservation officers as well as the 20th Century Society to provide an innovative solution that would respect the existing structure whilst providing a modern working environment. The self supporting, lightweight glass pavilions were designed to sit within the courtyards created by the existing building and contrast with the elegant surrounding brick structure. This produced a contemporary building that did not compromise on the aesthetic of the original structure.