SENIOR ARCHITECT – PRESTON STUDIO
We are a national practice just outside Preston, with easy access to Manchester and Liverpool, we offer the opportunity grow and succeed within the business.
We now require a Senior Architect to help deliver projects across an exciting and diverse range of work from a £250,000 heritage project, a £1.2 million retail project to an £6 million refurbishment of a Student Union.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of 13 across all RIBA stages, from conceptual design to handover upon completion. You will be working on a broad range of projects including education, commercial, retail and research.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years UK professional experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Extensive understanding of UK Building Regulations and planning processes
- Team-working ethic and capability
- Ability to self-motivate and work alone when necessary
- Excellent client facing and communication skill
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of project management
- NBS specification writing and desktop publishing experience would be advantageous
- Car ownership is a necessity
The role would suit an Architect who wishes to work on a broad range of sectors and additionally desires to grow themselves rapidly alongside the business.
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on experience, plus the following benefits:
- 20 days holiday plus time off at Christmas
- Annual pay reviews
- A discretionary bonus dependent on company and personal performance
- Company pension scheme, with above minimum contributions
- Life Cover
- Private Health
Alongside the generous remuneration package, our friendly practice can offer a superb career path including training, ongoing CPD and social events as well as the opportunity to work on fantastic projects with a rural outlook.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Please submit by email a CV in PDF format together with salary expectations and availability to Wilson Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org and highlight ‘SENIOR ARCHITECT CV’ as the e-mail subject.
No agency submissions, Thank you.
Based near London Bridge, we have increased workload across all sectors including Higher Education, Science and Research, Healthcare and Retail and are considering applications for Part I, Part II/III candidates.
A keen and enthusiastic Part I to assist with projects throughout the studio at all stages, supporting and assisting architectural assistants, architects and partners. Duties will include production of 3D images and graphics, compilation of reports and presentations, production information and early engagement with the Client for the right candidate.
An ambitious Part-II/III architect to join our team on a permanent basis to run exciting projects from initial concept design stage right through to on site completion.
We are a close working studio and we support our employees in taking ownership and responsibility in their work and in their professional development and continuing academic qualifications.
- qualified to RIBA Part-I/II
- previous work in a UK architectural practice
- ambitious with both technical and creative design skills
- experience with BIM advantageous but not essential
- good working knowledge of CAD, and Revit
- knowledge of Sketch up
- knowledge of Photoshop
- good design skills
- good organisational skills
- excellent written and spoken English
- Must have valid permits and Visas for work within the UK
How to apply
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter, demonstrating the skills and requirements noted above, to the London office,: email@example.com with London Part I or London Part II/III in the subject title.
Please note that for the Part II/III position, 12 months UK experience is essential. Applications unable to demonstrate this will not be taken further.
Applications no later than Friday 1st September
We aim to reply to everyone within 2 working weeks, but if the volume of applicants is large it may take a little longer to get a reply.
No agencies please